“Barack knows that we are going to have to make sacrifices; we are going to have to change our conversation; we’re going to have to change our traditions, our history; we’re going to have to move into a different place as a nation.” Michelle Obama, 2008
Changing history even as we speak.
The non-profit organization ACT! for America Education studied 38 textbooks from popular publishers that are supplying most of the 6th to 12th grade textbooks for American schools and published a report, titled “Education or Indoctrination? The Treatment of Islam in 6th through 12th Grade American Textbooks”. It compares what is in the textbooks to 275 sources from the documented history. And the textbooks were found wanting.
How bad could it be? Only night and day. Points directly from that report:
- The doctrine of jihad is omitted, incorrectly defined, inaccurately described, or understated.
- Faulty description of women’s rights under Islam: The oppressive and discriminatory nature of Shari’a law with respect to women is omitted, mischaracterized or understated.
- Omission or minimization of the Islamic slave trade, in sharp contrast with what is typically an extensive and appropriately critical examination of the Atlantic slave trade operated by Europeans.
- Aggrandizement and elevation of Muhammad’s character that is contradicted by accepted historical facts.
- Omission or minimization of Muslim conquest and imperialism, in sharp contrast with what is typically an extensive and appropriately critical examination of European and other imperialism.
- False claim of Islam’s historical tolerance of Jews and Christians.
- Misrepresentation of Shari’a Law in such areas as its applicability to non-Muslims and the separation of church and state.
- False presentation of the Crusades as the cause of the animosity between Christianity and Islam.
- Faulty historical narrative of the Crusades. Muslims in the Holy Land are commonly depicted as innocent victims of unprovoked aggression who were defending “their” lands against Christian invaders, rather than what is historically accurate: (1) that Muslims invaded and conquered the Holy Land centuries prior to the Crusades; (2) that Christians and Jews were victims of Muslim conquest and aggression centuries prior to the launching of the Crusades; and (3) that the Crusades were launched to wrest back control of the Holy Land from the Muslim invaders and conquerors.
- Chronological revisionism of the historical development of Judaism, Christianity and Islam which incorrectly portrays Islam as preceding Judaism and Christianity and the Muslims/Arabs as the indigenous people in the Holy Land, resulting in the delegitizimation of Israel.
- Treatment of Islamism as though it has no origins within classical Islam and Islam’s Holy Books.
- Islamist Holocaust revisionism that attributes the creation of Israel to world guilt over the Holocaust and incorrectly maintains that Arabs were forced to give up land for the survivors of the Holocaust.
- Omission of the fact that the United Nations created a two-state partition for Palestine, one for the Jews and one for the Arabs.
- Omission of the fact that the Arabs refused to accept the offer of an independent Arab state contained in the 1947 United Nations Partition Plan for Palestine.
- False claim of Israel’s responsibility for the Palestinian refugee problem.
- Omission of the fact that the PLO’s recognition of Israel’s right to exist was and remains a verbal recognition only, contradicted by the unrevised PLO charter.
- Inaccurate claim that most Middle Eastern terrorist groups have roots in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- Omission of the fact that Islamic jihadists target Americans not only for their support of Israel but also for what they consider the “decadent nature” of Western way of life that threatens the spread of Islam throughout the world.
- Failure to explain why the Islamic jihadists targeted the World Trade Center and the Pentagon and to identify the fourth target as the White House.
We’re now raising a whole generation for whom history has been conveniently and politically correctly changed.
It doesn’t matter who votes. Only who counts the votes.