In the democratically controlled state of West Virginia, Presbo was in a close primary election against a convicted felon, currently incarcerated in Texas.
The felon has a few things going for him.
1. He had not incurred a $5 trillion-dollar debt on America.
2. Being in jail, he was not LIKELY to incur any additional debt to society, over and above 3 squares and a cot.
3. He was not going to run up any million dollar vacations to Hawaii or Martha’s Vinyard.
4. He was not going to undermine our economy or our defense capability
5. By his incarceration, he actually was paying off his debt to society.
The felon got 41% of the vote. West Virginia does not mandate that candidates prove that they are qualified to run for election, else the jailbird would have been unopposed.